Business Analyst Role Profile
JDC Healthcare Management is a high-growth dental support organization, providing management services for Jefferson Dental Care. JDC is a premier dental company, serving patients throughout Texas for almost 50 years. With 55 locations in Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston, we continue to grow our business: adding new clinics, products, services, and technology to ensure our place as a leader in the dental industry. We are excited about this growth, as well as the tremendous opportunity it provides for our team members to grow and share in our success!
The Business Analyst will partner with department leadership to support and execute the company’s strategic initiatives. This role will work out of the JDC Corporate Headquarters in Dallas, Texas and will report to the Manager of Corporate Strategy. This individual will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and present to, senior management on high-profile projects that will have a significant impact on the business.
The Business Analyst is a unique position with access to all levels of the organization across all functional areas. The ideal analyst will be excited about the opportunity to gain exposure to all areas of the business and all levels of management.
- Partner with the VP of Marketing and Business Development to measure, manage, and analyze marketing performance to maximize effectiveness and optimize ROI by marketing channel
- Plan, execute, and measure various marketing campaigns including executing extensive tests
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Deliver accurate monthly, quarterly, and fiscal year end reporting materials for executive management and Board of Directors
- Collaborate with the CFO, Controller and other cross functional representatives within the organization to keep abreast of financial and operational matters impacting operating results
- Execute a variety of financial analyses, ensuring clear communication of the findings and addressing major variances, trends, and extraordinary events
- Participate in budget creation and integration into financial systems
- Own the distribution and maintenance of an extensive report library
- Identify and build operational key metrics, perform root cause analysis, and identify action plans to drive business performance
Other Essential Functions
- Develop a thorough understanding of our data environment and use business intelligence tools to extract, manipulate, and report on data from operational databases for ongoing automated reporting and analysis
- Provide analytical support to the executive leadership team through predictive modeling, data mining, analytics, and research
- Develop, prepare, and present reports that include accurate, reliable, relevant, and actionable information to provide direction in decision making at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related studies
- Strong academic record, which will be verified
- Understanding of accounting and finance principals, including budgeting and variance analysis
- Expert level skills in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel modeling and statistical analysis
- Proficiency writing SQL queries strongly preferred
- Strong blend of technical skills and business acumen
- Deep analytical skills and comfort accessing and manipulating complex data
- Exhibit a strong work ethic with a focus on quality, customer satisfaction, and business results
- Self-starter with an ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision under strict deadlines
- Comfortable working in a demanding work environment with continuously competing projects and priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Great attitude, high energy, and willingness to work hard to meet important deadlines
This position is responsible for working 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday – Friday. Occasionally, project work will require this position to work late or on weekends in order to meet high-profile deadlines.
This position is based at our corporate office at 3030 LBJ Freeway, Suite 1400, Dallas, TX 75234.
Please send your résumé to Steven McIntyre, Manager of Corporate Strategy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.